These are my top recommended credit cards for this month. Some have $450-550 annual fees waived exclusively for US military personnel.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Update 12 October 2013: congratulations to Lisa M. for winning $50! The giveaway is now over, but stay tuned for another giveaway soon from MMM!
Military Money Manual has grown a lot in the past 18 months. There's now over 60 articles on a variety of topics. I still have a lot to write about, especially the travel aspect of a military lifestyle. Andy is going to fill us in on VA loans and some of the financial products he has been trying as well. We're going to expand our getting started section as well and begin organizing the site into three levels of personal finance: basic, intermediate, and advanced.
More importantly though, we're giving away $50 to our readers! Why? Why not! It's Oktoberfest over in Germany, so in the spirit of beer and friendship and celebrations, why not give away a bit of cash to our awesome readership. If you win, you can accept the cash via Paypal or a mailed $50 Visa gift card, up to you. The contest runs until midnight of October 10, 2013, so you have 21 days to tell your friends and get them to enter too!
You must be a US resident or citizen, but it's okay if you're living abroad or deployed. See the fine print for all the giveaway details.
How can you enter the giveaway? There are four ways to get in:
- Like MMM on Facebook. If you've already liked us on Facebook, you can still get points for liking us when you sign up for the giveaway! This gives you two entries.
- Follow us on Twitter. Again, two entries into the giveaway.
- Comment on a blog post. Pick one that you really liked and leave a great comment! You get 5 entries when you leave a comment that gets approved.
- Tweet about this awesome giveaway. You can do this one everyday of the giveaway! Every day you tweet about the giveaway, you get another entry. Just think how many entries you could accumulate over a 21 day period!
So that's it! $50. For you. All you have to do is show us some social media love. Get out there and start liking, tweeting, and commenting! Good luck!
AMEX Platinum With NO Annual Fees for US Military
Military servicemembers and spouses can get the American Express Platinum with NO annual fees. Pick up your military annual fee waived card here!
The AMEX Platinum offers:
- $550 Annual Fee WAIVED for US Military (and spouses)!
- 60,000 Membership Rewards Points welcome offer
- $200 credit for Uber rides (or Uber Eats!) annually
- $200 airline fee credit
- Centurion Lounge and Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access
- NO foreign transaction fees
These benefits make it my top recommend card.
If you already have an AMEX Platinum card, check out the other AMEX cards, Chase credit cards, and this month's top recommended credit card bonuses, most with no annual fees for US military personnel.