Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings and OMAAT for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual, OMAAT, and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Thank you for supporting my independent, veteran owned site.
From 1 May to 30 June 2020, Chase travel credit cards will offer 3x or 5x points on groceries purchased in the US. Overseas commissaries should also be eligible for this bonus if the commissary codes as a groceries.
You can earn 3-5x points on up to $1500 per month, or 7500 points each month if you spend $1500 on groceries. This includes grocery delivery services like Instacart and online ordering. It does not include warehouse clubs and discount stores like BJ's or Costco.
Chase Cards Earning 5x Points on Groceries
- Chase Sapphire Reserve review Learn how to apply here
- United Club
- United Club Infinite
- United Presidential Plus
Chase Credit Cards Earning 3x Points on Groceries
- Chase Sapphire Preferred (Chase Sapphire Preferred review)
- Aer Lingus Visa Signature
- British Airways Visa Signature
- Disney Premier Visa
- The World Of Hyatt (Chase the World of Hyatt review)
- Iberia Visa Signature
- IHG Rewards Club Premier (IHG Rewards Club Premier review)
- IHG Rewards Club Select
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Employee
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority (best Southwest credit card for military)
- United Explorer
- United MileagePlus
- United MileagePlus Awards
- United MileagePlus Select
Check out the Amex COVID benefits next. American Express has also announced excellent card member benefits during the Coronavirus pandemic. This includes monthly $20 wireless telephone statement credit, $20 streaming services like Spotify and Netflix credit, and $250-$300 restaurant credits.
Chase Coronavirus FAQ
The Chase Sapphire Reserve can earn 5x points on groceries until 30 June 2020. You can chase out the Ultimate Reward points for 5% cash back or book travel in the future through the Chase portal at 1.5 cents per point. That gives you 7.5% return on grocery purchases with the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve, United Club Card, United Club Infinite Card, United Presidential Plus are all offering 5x points on groceries until 30 June 2020.