These are my top recommended credit cards for this month. Some have $450-550 annual fees waived exclusively for US military personnel.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Military servicemembers tend to be a younger, tech savvy bunch that love cars, the latest gadgets, and cell phones. Picking out a Christmas present for them can be difficult, but here's some gift ideas that almost any military member will find practical, both at home and when deployed.
Amazon ships for free with Amazon Prime to APO/FPO addresses, making it essential for deployments. Amazon Prime is an excellent way to watch thousands of movies and TV shows while away from home. Giving the Gift of Amazon Prime to a servicemember is both a practical gift and provides years of entertainment.
Amazon Prime also just added HBO to their line up for only $15/month extra. Right now you can get a 30 day HBO Free Trial. I just watched Deadpool last weekend and I can't wait to start Westworld soon. There's no better way to get through a deployment than to binge watch the entire Game of Thrones series. Ask any servicemember and they would probably be happy with the gift of HBO for Christmas.
Christmas Gift Ideas for Soldiers and Sailors
Here are a few ideas for the soldier, sailor, airmen, or marine in your life:
- New wallet to replace their crumbling old one.
- Waterproof external battery pack with a built in flashlight.
- Food scale to help with their strength or weight goals.
- Table tennis (ping-pong) to go.
- Universal adapter that works wherever the military may send them.
- Short book on investing to get them started on the journey to financial independence.
- Car mount for cell phone, because you know their using it for directions when driving anyways.
- The highest rated coffee travel mug on Amazon, because you know they love their coffee.
If you are a servicemember, what do you want for Christmas? If you bought a gift for a servicemember this year or last year, what did you get them?
AMEX Platinum With NO Annual Fees for US Military
Military servicemembers and spouses can get the American Express Platinum with NO annual fees. Pick up your military annual fee waived card here!
The AMEX Platinum offers:
- $550 Annual Fee WAIVED for US Military (and spouses)!
- 60,000 Membership Rewards Points welcome offer
- $200 credit for Uber rides (or Uber Eats!) annually
- $200 airline fee credit
- Centurion Lounge and Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access
- NO foreign transaction fees
These benefits make it my top recommend card.
If you already have an AMEX Platinum card, check out the other AMEX cards, Chase credit cards, and this month's top recommended credit card bonuses, most with no annual fees for US military personnel.