Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Thank you for supporting my independent, veteran owned site.
This morning my guest post about the benefits of joining the military versus going to college went live on Financial Samurai. If this is your first time to my site, welcome! You can learn more about me here.
The short version is I'm an active duty US Air Force officer who researches and write extensively on achieving financial independence using your military pay and benefits. I started this site in 2012 as a lieutenant and I've been in the military since 2010. I get to travel a lot for my job and like to share pictures I take around the world. Since 2012 I've been to
I've compiled a list of my best posts for both my military and civilian readers. If you would like to read more about achieving financial independence in the military, check out the posts below.
Best Financial Articles for Military
- American Express Waives All Fees for US Military Personnel
- The Average Net Worth of the Above Average Military Officer
- 8 Ways to Save Money on Deployment
- The TSP Thrift Savings Plan: Best Retirement Plan in the World
- Is the USAA Career Starter Loan a Good Deal for Cadets?
- Guaranteed 10% Return for Deployed Military: The Savings Deposit Program
Best Financial Articles for Civilians and Military
- The Free Site I Use to Grow My Net Worth
- How My Wife Paid Off $45,000 in Student Loans in 1 Year
- Releasing a Co-Signer From a Sallie Mae or Navient Student Loan
- How to Lower Your Time Warner Cable Bill
- Guess How Much Money I Made Writing 100 Blog Posts
- How I Messed Up my $1000 Bet on Oil