Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Thank you for supporting my independent, veteran owned site.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
Learn how to apply at our partner's secure site
Earn 100,000 Amex Membership Reward Points welcome bonus (valued at $2000+) after you spend $6000 in the first 6 months
- Earn 10x points at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the US up to $25,000 in combined purchases for the first 6 months (an extra 250,000 points potentially!)
- Earn 5x points on airfare booked directly with airline or on amextravel.com up to $500,000 per calendar year
- Earn 5x points on prepaid hotels at amextravel.com
- $200 annual Hotel Credit: Get $200 statement credit on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts or the Hotel Collection booked on Amex Travel and paid for with your Platinum Card
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credits: Up to $20 in monthly statement credits when you use your Platinum card to pay for: Peacock, Audible, Sirius, and the New York Times. Enrollment Required.
- $200 Uber Cash: Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on Uber Eats and rides
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at 1 qualifying airline
- $179 CLEAR Credit: Get through airport security faster with CLEAR
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- $100 annual Saks Fifth Avenue credit, can be used for gift cards, enrollment required
- 40+ Centurion Lounges and 1200+ Priority Pass airport lounge access for free
- No foreign transaction fees
- Heavy metal card that looks and feels really cool
- Annual fee of $695 (rates and fees), terms apply
The Platinum Card® from American Express is my #1 recommend travel rewards card for military servicemembers.
The welcome bonus, the recurring annual benefits, the airport lounge access, and the other travel benefits make this card the premier travel rewards card.
The Platinum Card® from American Express – learn how to apply
Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.