Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Thank you for supporting my independent, veteran owned site.
The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® waives the annual fees for military servicemembers and spouses in accordance with Citi's Military Lending Act (MLA) policy.
However, the Citi policy is a bit different than the Chase or American Express policy and requires a bit more work on your part. Learn all the details about the Citi MLA policy before you apply.
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
Learn how to apply on our partner's secure site
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage(R) bonus miles after $2,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent at gas stations and restaurants, and on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1 Loyalty Point for every 1 eligible mile earned from purchases
- Earn a $125 American Airlines Flight Discount after you spend $20,000 or more in purchases during your card membership year and renew your card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- Annual fee $99, waived for first 12 months for everyone, and ongoing for US military spouses and servicemembers)
If you fly American Airlines or want to build up a stash of American Airlines AAVantage miles, this could be a good card for you.
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card Benefits
AA Miles Welcome Bonus
Credit cards are a great way to build up your American Airlines miles.
$125 AA Flight Discount
After you spend $20,000 on the card during your card membership, you can earn a $125 flight discount after you renew your card.
Citi American Airlines Cards FAQ
Most Citi cards, including the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select card, require a credit score of 660 or higher. Usually you will have the best chance of approval if your credit score is above 700.
If you often fly
The Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select is a Mastercard in 2022.
Benefits of the card include no foreign transaction fees, earning 2 points per $1 spent on American Airlines purchases, gas, and restaurants, and your first bag is checked free.
Amex Platinum Card With NO Annual Fees for Military
Military servicemembers and spouses can get The Platinum Card® from American Express with NO annual fees. This ultra premium luxury travel card normally has a $695 annual fee.
Learn how to apply for the Amex Platinum military fee waiver.
The Amex Platinum offers:
- $695 Annual Fee WAIVED for US Military (and spouses)!
- Earn 100,000 Membership Reward Points with $6000 spend in 6 month
- Earn up to $200 annual Hotel Credit: Get $200 statement credit on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts or the Hotel Collection, which requires a two-night minimum stay, booked on Amex Travel and paid for with your Platinum Card
- Earn up to $200 credit for Uber rides (or Uber Eats!) annually
- Earn up to $200 airline fee credit
- Centurion Lounge and Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access
- Earn up to $100 annual Saks Fifth Avenue credit, can be used for gift cards, enrollment required
- No foreign transaction fees, terms apply
- Earn 5x points on airfare booked directly with airline or on amextravel.com up to $500,000 per calendar year
- Transfer to 22 travel partners
These benefits, especially up to $600 of credits for hotels, airlines, and Uber, plus the massive 100,000 point welcome bonus, make the Amex Platinum card my TOP recommended card.
This is the largest welcome bonus on this card I've seen in years.
You have a leisurely 6 months to meet the $6000 minimum spend to earn the 100,000 points. That's only $1000 per month.
If you already have an Amex Platinum card, check out the American Express® Gold Card, fee waived Chase military credit cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred, and this month's top recommended credit card bonuses, all with no annual fees for US military personnel and their spouses.
Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.