These are my top recommended credit cards for this month. Some have $450-550 annual fees waived exclusively for US military personnel.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Lending Club continues to grow month after month, with over $1.5 billion in originated loans since 2007. Here's the 6 best Lending Club reviews I've found from around the web:
- Lending Club Review – 2 Years, 6.23% Return, 5 Loans Charged Off – summarizes my two year experience investing in Lending Club. I've adjusted my strategy for 2013 and plan to achieve a 10% return with my new portfolio.
- Lending Club Note Trading Platform – Lending Club $10,000 – Mike at Live the New Economy has been investing in Lending Club for the past year and documents his monthly performance on his blog.
- How I am Investing in Lending Club in 2013 – Peter at Lend Academy talks about his investment strategy for 2013, which is a good introduction to expanding beyond the built in filters in Lending Club. Peter has been investing in Lending Club since 2008 and I would consider his returns and experience to be the most authoritative on this list.
- The Economist on Lending Club – the stalwart British publication The Economist examines the growth of peer to peer lending in the US and Europe.
- The Lending Club Experiment – Mr. Money Mustache is a relative newcomer to the peer to peer lending game, opening his LC account in September of 2012.
- Beat the Market Experiment – Jonathan at My Money Blog invested $10,000 in Lending Club and is tracking his performance every month, comparing it to investing in Prosper (another P2P lending site) and the stock market
I've found these six reviews to be the most authentic and genuine.
Take the returns people are posting with a grain of salt, as most defaults/charge offs don't happen until after the first year of investing. This will drop the 16-19% returns some bloggers are reporting back to the average 6-9% returns most Lending Club users report.
AMEX Platinum With NO Annual Fees for US Military
Military servicemembers and spouses can get the American Express Platinum with NO annual fees. Pick up your military annual fee waived card here!
The AMEX Platinum offers:
- $550 Annual Fee WAIVED for US Military (and spouses)!
- 60,000 Membership Rewards Points welcome offer
- $200 credit for Uber rides (or Uber Eats!) annually
- $200 airline fee credit
- Centurion Lounge and Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access
- NO foreign transaction fees
These benefits make it my top recommend card.
If you already have an AMEX Platinum card, check out the other AMEX cards, Chase credit cards, and this month's top recommended credit card bonuses, most with no annual fees for US military personnel.