I will show you how to get your 1st $550 annual fee waived in my Ultimate Military Credit Cards course
The Amex Gold card is annual fee waived for military. It's even better than the Amex Platinum for everyday spending on dining and groceries.
Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Thank you for supporting my independent, veteran owned site.
The best business credit cards for veteran owned small businesses and military servicemembers offer hundreds of dollars of welcome bonuses, annual perks, cash back, and travel reward points for your business spending.
Business credit cards are available to anyone with income outside of your normal paycheck. You DO NOT need an LLC, Employer Identification Number (EIN), or any kind of corporate structure. When you apply for a business card, simply select “sole proprietor” as your business type and use your personal Social Security number.
Military servicemembers and veterans can qualify for the top business credit cards. These cards can put cash or points back into your pocket for all of your normal business expenses. You can always earn at least 1.5% cash back on purchases and up to 5% cash back on select categories.
Business Credit Cards for Military Members
|Credit Card||Welcome Offer||Annual Fee||FOREX Fees||Earning rewards||Min Spend in 3 Months|
|Ink Business Preferred||100,000 UR pts||$95||0%||3X on Biz Travel||$15,000|
|AMEX Blue Business Cash||0.0% introductory APR for 12 months.||$0||2.7%||2% cash back on up to $50k||$0|
|AmEx Business Platinum||85,000 MR points||$595||0%||5x MR points on flights||$15,000|
|Ink Business Cash||75,000 points||$0||3%||Up to 5% Back||$7500|
|Ink Business Unlimited||75,000 points||$0||3%||1.5% Cash Back||$7500|
If you are active duty, you may have a side hustle or do freelance work to supplement your active duty income. For example, you may drive for Uber, write a blog like me, or own rental property. This qualifies as a business and you should easily qualify for some of these great cards.
Guard and Reserve military members usually have a civilian job as well as their military job. If you give flight lessons, own a computer services business, or earn any kind of freelance MISC-1099 income, you can qualify for these cards.
If you own a service-disabled veteran-owned small business, you know that you can access some of the best government contracts ahead of the competition. While you are winning these contracts, why not get rewarded with cash or travel points for your normal business spending?
- Learn how to apply for the American Express Blue Business Cash credit card
- 0.0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 12 months after account opening
- 2% cash back on all purchases up to $50,000 per year (maximum $1000 cash back on first $50k spent annually)
- 1% on every purchase after the first $50k
- No annual fee
2% cash back on all purchases up to $50,000 per year and no annual fee make the AMEX Blue Business Cash card a winner for military and veteran small business owners.
- Learn how to apply for Chase Ink Business Preferred
- 100,000 bonus points after you spend $15,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 3X points on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, and online advertising purchases (up to $150,000 of purchases per year)
- Cell Phone Protection: Up to $600 coverage against theft or damage when you pay your monthly cell phone bill with your CIP
- NO Foreign Transaction fees
Thanks to no foreign transaction fees, this is THE business credit card to use if you travel OCONUS or operate overseas frequently. The welcome bonus offer is HUGE as well. 100,000 points is worth at minimum $1000 if you cash it out, which is 10 years of annual fees on this card.
Or, you could redeem the 100,000 UR points for $1250 worth of travel.
You can also earn 3 points per dollar spent on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services as well as online advertising like Google Adwords or Facebook Ads.
Another great feature of this card is the cell phone protection coverage. If you pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Chase Ink Preferred, it automatically insures your cell phone up to $600 per claim for loss due to theft or damage. You only need to pay a $100 deductible. This is a great deal and much cheaper than the cell phone insurance plans offered by major carriers.
- Learn how to apply for the Amex Business Platinum card
- 85,000 POINT WELCOME OFFER after $15,000 spend in the first 3 months of card membership
- 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels through amextravel.com
- Earn 1.5x points per dollar on eligible purchases over $5000, up to 1 million per year
- 35% bonus on airline purchases with MR points: Use “Pay with Points” for a flight and get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 per year
- $200 in Dell statement credits (similar to the AMEX Platinum personal Saks credit, $100 Jan-Jun and $100 Jul-Dec)
- $200 airline fee credit
- Learn how to apply for the Chase Ink Business Unlimited
- $750 bonus cash (75,000 UR Points) after you spend $7500 in 3 months
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- NO ANNUAL FEE
This is your backstop business card. If your purchase isn't in one of the 3X categories of the Ink Business Preferred or the 5% cash back categories of the Ink Business Cash, this card will give you 1.5% cash back on EVERY purchase.
This ensures you are always earning at least 1.5% on every purchase. Additionally, this card has a great welcome bonus offer of 75,000 points (which can be cashed in for $750) and no annual fee. A great card to keep in your wallet for business purchases.
- Learn how to apply for the Chase Ink Business Cash card
- $750 bonus cash (75,000 UR Points) after you spend $7500 in 3 months
- 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services
- 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent at gas stations and restaurants
- 1% cash back on everything else
- NO annual fee
The Ink Business Cash card finishes out the trinity of Chase business cards for veterans and military servicemembers. It's got a great 5% cash back on office supply stores, internet, and cable/phone services. Nearly every business has these expenses, so why not get 5% cash back on them?
You can also get 2% cash back on gas stations and restaurant purchases. This is perfect for entertaining clients, hosting parties for your employees, or filling up the gas tank.
Maximize Your Ultimate Rewards Welcome Offer
All of these business cards have great Chase Ultimate Rewards welcome offers. Ultimate Rewards is one of the two most flexible rewards programs available. You can combine your points across your personal and business accounts to maximize your rewards potential.
Transferring these bonus points to your Chase Sapphire Reserve card is easy. You can then redeem the points for 50% more value on travel. Or, you can transfer your points to many excellent travel partners like Singapore Airlines.
I recently booked a round-trip ticket from Dubai to Auckland and Melbourne on Singapore Airlines for 312,000 points. With these 3 cards, you would be over halfway to a similar redemption after meeting the minimum spending bonus.
You can also always cash out your points for cash at 100 points = $1.00. If you just want to put some cash back in your pocket, this is a good choice. However, transferring to travel partners and booking flights and hotels gives you greater value per point.