Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Thank you for supporting my independent, veteran owned site.
The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card applies Military Lending Act benefits in accordance with the Chase MLA policy.
The $450 annual fee on the Ritz Carlton Card is waived for military and military spouses, also known as “covered borrowers” of the Military Lending Act.
This card has several annual advantages that make it worth adding to the advanced military travelers' wallet. In summary, the annual free night award, $300 annual travel credit, and 15 elite night credit awards.
- No welcome bonus, must be product changed (upgraded) from other Chase Marriott Card
- Annual free night award good for stays up to 85,000 Bonvoy points per night
- Earn 15 Elite Night credits every calendar year towards Marriott Bonvoy elite status
- Three upgrades to the Ritz-Carlton Club each year (valid on eligible paid stays)
- Up to $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck every four years
- $300 annual travel credit for things like baggage fees, seat assignments, lounge passes, and more
- $450 annual fee waived for MLA covered borrowers (active duty, Guard and Reserve on 30+ day orders, and military spouses) under Chase MLA policy
- No foreign transaction fees
Covered borrowers of the Military Lending Act, which include active duty servicemembers, Guard and Reserve on 30+ orders, can get automatic MLA benefits applied to their account. You must be listed as eligible for MLA benefits in the MLA database when you apply for the account.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card vs Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card
Upgrade Marriott Bonvoy Boundless to Ritz Carlton Card
You cannot directly apply for the Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card. Instead, you need to product change from another Chase Marriott Bonvoy card such as:
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful® Credit Card
Here's how to request the product change from a Chase Marriott card to the Ritz Carlton Card:
- Call the number on the back of your Chase Marriott card, usually 1-800-338-5960
- Follow the prompts to access your account and then press 0 to speak to a customer service representative
- Here's the script to use with the customer service rep:
follow The script you use when you call the number
Ritz Carlton Card Annual Free Night Award
The Chase Ritz Carlton Card offers an annual free night award valued at up to 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per night.
The annual free night award can be topped off with 15,000 Marriott Bonvoy points to access 100,000 point per night rates.
Combining this annual free night award with the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card annul free night certificate.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
Learn how to apply on our partner's secure site
- $650 Annual Fee* See details about American Express protections for you and your spouse
- Earn two 85K Free Night Awards after you spend $6,000 in purchases on the Card in your first 6 months. Each award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy. Card Members could enjoy a value of up to $1,200 when redeeming each reward. Certain hotels have resort fees. Offer ends 11/1/2023.
- $300 Brilliant Dining Credit: Each calendar year, get up to $300 per calendar year (up to $25 per month) for eligible purchases made on the Marriott Bonvoy Briliant Card at restaurants worldwide.
- With Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status, you can receive room upgrades, including enhanced views or suites, when available at select properties and booked with a Qualifying Rate.
- Earn 6X Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® program. 3X points at restaurants worldwide and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points on all other eligible purchases.
- Marriott Brilliant Free Night Award: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Each calendar year after spending $60,000 on eligible purchases on your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card, you will be eligible to select an Earned Choice Award benefit. You can only earn one Earned Choice Award per calendar year. See https://www.choice-benefit.marriott.com/brilliant for Award options.
- $100 Marriott Bonvoy Property Credit: Enjoy your stay. Receive up to a $100 property credit for qualifying charges at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® when you book direct using a special rate for a two-night minimum stay using your Card.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®: Receive either a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or a statement credit every 4.5 years after you apply for a five-year membership for TSA PreCheck(R) (up to $85 through a TSA PreCheck official enrollment provider) and pay the application fee with your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant(R) American Express(R) Card. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Each calendar year with your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card you can receive 25 Elite Night Credits toward the next level of Marriott Bonvoy® Elite status. Limitations apply per Marriott Bonvoy® member account. Benefit is not exclusive to Cards offered by American Express. Terms apply.
- Enroll in Priority Pass(TM) Select, which offers unlimited access to over 1,200 lounges in over 130 countries, regardless of which carrier or class you are flying. This allows you to relax before or between flights. You can enjoy snacks, drinks, and internet access in a quiet, comfortable location.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases.
- With Cell Phone Protection, you can be reimbursed, the lesser of, your repair or replacement costs following damage, such as a cracked screen, or theft for a maximum of $800 per claim when your cell phone line is listed on a wireless bill and the prior month's wireless bill was paid by an Eligible Card Account. A $50 deductible will apply to each approved claim with a limit of 2 approved claims per 12-month period. Additional terms and conditions apply. Coverage is provided by New Hampshire Insurance Company, an AIG Company.
- Terms Apply.