Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the cards that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. This site does not include all card companies or all available card offers. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.
Veterans Day deals are an easy way for American business to say thanks to military veterans and military families. Every year thousands of companies offer deals near you if you are active duty, guard, reserves, or a veteran.
This year in 2023, Veterans Day is celebrated on Saturday 11 November 2023. Veterans Day is a federal holiday.
In 2019, Amazon offered an Amazon Prime Veterans Day deal. It does not appear they will do the same in 2023.
In this post:
Credit Cards that Waive Annual Fees for US Military
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card
Learn how to apply on our partner's secure site
- $550 annual fee waived to $0 for US military + spouses with Chase MLA policy
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards portal
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year.
- Earn 5x total points on flights and 10x total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually.
- 3x Points on other Travel (airfare, hotels) after earning the $300 travel credit
- 3x Dining restaurants, takeouts, delivery
- Chase Ultimate Reward Points redeemed through the Chase travel portal are worth 1.5 cents, a 50% bonus.
- Priority Pass lounge and restaurant access with over 1300+ airport lounges worldwide
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry every 4 years
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Primary coverage with Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more
- No foreign transaction fees
- Learn more in the Chase Sapphire Reserve review
If you're going out to dine out this Veterans Day, why not get a card that earns 3x points on restaurants, delivery, takeout, and groceries (including overseas Commissaries)?
I can teach you how to maximize your military credit card fee waivers in my 100% free Ultimate Military Travel Hacking Course course.
Also check out the best credit cards for military veterans.
Veterans Day Free Haircuts for Vets and Active Duty
Great Clips Free Veterans Day Haircut 2023
VETERANS & CURRENT MILITARY MEMBERS
On November 11, 2023, Great Clips is giving all veterans and active military members a FREE haircut (reg. $20.) Regular prices may vary by salon.
Vets who are not in need of a haircut on Veterans Day can stop by on November 11, 2023 and pick up a FREE haircut card — valid from November 12 to December 1, 2023. (Haircut cards can only be redeemed by a veteran or active military member.)
You must present a proper military ID for either the complimentary cut or haircut card.
While not everyone has served in the military, most of us know at least one veteran who we would like to thank. Therefore, any customer who gets a haircut on November 11, 2023 will also receive a FREE haircut card to share with a veteran or active military member in their life.
Vets should expect a little wait as this deal is popular! However, for convenience, utilize the chain’s online check-in system for less wait time in the salon.
At participating U.S. salons, while supplies last.
Sports Clips Free Veterans Day Haircut 2023
On Veterans Day, November 11th, participating Sport Clips locations will provide free haircuts to veterans and active duty service members as well as donate $2 for every haircut service provided on that day. CLICK HERE to find the store nearest you offering free haircuts on Veterans Day!
Veterans Day Retail Deals
You can get 10% off of 2 purchases with the Target Veterans Day Discount.
Veterans and active military personnel can save 10% on groceries at Publix on November 11.
Plunge has proudly partnered with GovX to offer a discount of up to $150 on their cold plunge ice baths.
Ice baths have been shown to elevate energy, promote better sleep, and provide stress relief by regulating hormone levels for a holistic approach to your health and wellness. Currently, the discount is available for all current & former U.S. military members, military spouses & dependents, and first responders. The offer is available through their online portal where you'll be asked to verify your affiliation with GovX ID or login if you already have an account. After you verify, you'll receive a single-use discount code to apply at checkout.
Six Flags parks are offering veterans and active military members free admission, a drink bottle, and commemorative gifts November 10-12. Friends and family members of veterans (up to four) also receive discounted admission tickets.
Academy Sports is offering service members and first responders 10% off in store and online October 22-November 12.
Rack Room Shoes is offering service members and their families 20% off their entire in-store purchase with valid ID.
Tractor Supply Company is offering active duty and former military members and their dependents will get a 15% discount in stores nationwide on Veterans Day with a valid military ID or proof of service.
Marc-1 Car Wash & The Wash are offering a FREE $25 Ceramic Car Wash for Veterans on 11/11/2023. Just let an attendant know you're a veteran, and they'll send you through for free!
World of Coca-Cola Veterans Day Deal
Military members (active duty, reserves and retirees) can enjoy a visit to World of Coca-Cola free of charge year-round, but on Veterans Day, World of Coca-Cola is showing some extra gratitude to the men and women who serve our country.
From Friday, November 3 to Sunday, November 12, the Atlanta attraction is extending members of the Armed Forces a special offer to purchase up to four general admission tickets at half-price.
The discounted tickets can be purchased online starting on Nov. 1 using the promo code VETS2023. Members will be asked to present their valid Armed Forces ID when they arrive at the attraction.
National Parks Service (NPS) Free Annual Military Pass
When is the last time you went to America's greatest natural asset? The US National Parks are some of the greatest natural beauty and wonder available and you don't even need to fly to get to most of them.
Active duty, Guard, and Reserve US military personnel are entitled a free annual pass. You can pick up your pass wherever you pay entrance fees to a National Park. We've had a free pass for the past ten years. Dependents can also use the pass without the military service member present, which is handy when the SM is deployed.
This deal is available year round and not just on Veterans Day, so take advantage of America the Beautiful and visit the National Parks for free. The National Park System is amazing and deserves a visit. Spend your three day weekend visiting a National Park!
How to Get Veterans Day Deals
Before you go, remember four things.
- You will need some form of ID. Most companies require some form of military ID before giving you the discount. Usually a military ID card (Common Access Card, or CAC), Retired ID card, VA ID Card, current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) pay stub, drivers license with veterans designation, DD214, discharge paperwork, veterans organization card (i.e., American Legion, VFW), photograph of yourself in uniform, a citation or commendation, or going in uniform while be sufficient.
- Not all locations participate. While the overall franchise or corporation may offer a Veterans Day free meal or discount, a specific location may not participate. It never hurts to call ahead and ask before you're seated so you are not surprised when the check comes.
- Leave a nice tip! Tipping is the worst and tipping culture is sexist, racist, and classist, but that's an argument for another day. Until I complete my life long goal to get rid of tipping in the US, it's important to tip based on what the meal would have cost you before the discount.Don't stiff your waitress or waiter, they're still working just as hard whether your meal cost $100 or $0. Thank them with a nice tip!
- This isn't a right or a privilege, but a gesture of thanks. Yes, we're all thankful for your service. If a corporation or restaurant chooses not to participate in the Veterans Day discounts or doesn't have the item you wanted available, don't throw a hissy fit. Please act like an adult. Be gracious and thankful that some organizations and companies are giving you a discount and celebrating your service on Veterans Day.
Please don't abuse this great benefit of military service that private organizations, companies, and business owners choose to give to us.
If you act entitled to perks like this, people will soon sour on giving them away. Be grateful, kind, and generous when you tip!