These are my top recommended credit cards for this month. Some have $450-550 annual fees waived exclusively for US military personnel.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
The Lowe's military discount is generously offered to all active, guard, reserve, veteran, honorably discharged, and retirees of the US armed forces and their immediate families.
Lowe's extends their gratitude to all the men and women who currently serve or served in the US military by offering a 10% discount, every day, online and in their stores.
How to Get the Lowe's Military Discount
The easiest way is to sign up for a MyLowe's card online and link it to your phone number. I just did the process and it only took a minute. Here's how to do it:
- Sign up for a MyLowe's account here
- After you create your account, click the banner under your account settings to verify your military service. It should look something like this:
- Complete the registration details. The form will ask for name, date of birth, military branch, military status, and date of separation. If you have not separated, just leave the date of separation blank. Here's what the form looks like:
- That's it! In most cases, your identity will be verified instantly. If not, you may need to scan and upload some document to verify your past or current military service. When you're done, you should see a screen like the one below:
Who is Eligible for the Lowe's Military Discount?
According to the Terms and Conditions on Lowes.com, any member of the US armed forces include active and reserve members of the US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, Air National Guard and the Army National Guard are eligible for the 10% every day discount.
How to Get Military Family Members on the Lowe's Military Discount
Immediate military family members can simply use the servicemember's phone number attached to the MyLowes account. They can also use the MyLowes card at checkout online or in the store to access the 10% military discount. Immediate family members include spouses and dependent children up to 18 years of age.
What If Lowe's Doesn't Give Me the Military Discount?
Thanks to the automated online enrollment, the discount is applied as soon as you scan your MyLowes card. You can also just type in the phone number associated with the account. This makes it easy to get the discount online or in the store. If there is something wrong with the online verification system, you can verify in store with any of the following IDs:
- Veteran’s Identification Card (VIC)
- Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC)
- Department of Defense Common Access Card
- Uniformed Services Identification Card
- Active Duty Family Member
- Uniformed Services Identification Card
- Active Duty State driver license and identification with veteran’s designation
- DD214 or DD256
Makes sure you confirm your military discount either online or at the customer service desk inside the store before you get the register. That way you won't have any issues getting your discount.
How Does Lowe's Verify my Military Service?
Lowe's uses the SheerID third party system to verify your military service. It's a trusted third-party service that instantly verifies your military service in 84% of cases. If you're not instantly verified, you may be required to upload a LES, DD-214, or other military ID. All copies are immediately deleted after verification. You can also verify your ID in store if the online system does not work.
This is a great example of a company going above and beyond to help out US military servicemembers. Other companies that offer great military discounts include Microsoft ($10 Microsoft Office Professional 2016) and American Express (zero fees on all of their credit cards and charge cards).
AMEX Platinum With NO Annual Fees for US Military
Military servicemembers and spouses can get the American Express Platinum with NO annual fees. Pick up your military annual fee waived card here!
The AMEX Platinum offers:
- $550 Annual Fee WAIVED for US Military (and spouses)!
- 60,000 Membership Rewards Points welcome offer
- $200 credit for Uber rides (or Uber Eats!) annually
- $200 airline fee credit
- Centurion Lounge and Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access
- NO foreign transaction fees
These benefits make it my top recommend card.
If you already have an AMEX Platinum card, check out the other AMEX cards, Chase credit cards, and this month's top recommended credit card bonuses, most with no annual fees for US military personnel.