Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Thank you for supporting my independent, veteran owned site.
The Lowe's military discount is generously offered to all active, guard, reserve, veteran, honorably discharged, and retirees of the US armed forces and their immediate families. You can claim your Lowe's Veterans Discount here.
Lowe's extends their gratitude to all the men and women who currently serve or served in the US military by offering a 10% veterans discount, every day, online and in their stores.
How to Get the Lowe's Military Discount
The easiest way is to sign up for a MyLowe's card online and link it to your phone number. I just did the process and it only took a minute. Here's how to do it:
- Sign up for a MyLowe's account here
- After you create your account, click the banner under your account settings to verify your military service. It should look something like this:
- Complete the registration details. The form will ask for name, date of birth, military branch, military status, and date of separation. If you have not separated, just leave the date of separation blank. Here's what the form looks like:
- That's it! In most cases, your identity will be verified instantly. If not, you may need to scan and upload some document to verify your past or current military service. When you're done, you should see a screen like the one below:
How to Get Military Family Members on the Lowe's Military Discount
Immediate military family members can simply use the servicemember's phone number attached to the MyLowes account. They can also use the MyLowes card at checkout online or in the store to access the 10% military discount. Immediate family members include spouses and dependent children up to 18 years of age.
The Home Depot military discount is similar to Lowe's. Lean more about it in my article.
What If Lowe's Doesn't Give Me the Military Discount?
Thanks to the automated online enrollment, the discount is applied as soon as you scan your MyLowes card. You can also just type in the phone number associated with the account. This makes it easy to get the discount online or in the store. If there is something wrong with the online verification system, you can verify in store with any of the following IDs:
- Veteran’s Identification Card (VIC)
- Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC)
- Department of Defense Common Access Card
- Uniformed Services Identification Card
- Active Duty Family Member
- Uniformed Services Identification Card
- Active Duty State driver license and identification with veteran’s designation
- DD214 or DD256
Makes sure you confirm your military discount either online or at the customer service desk inside the store before you get the register. That way you won't have any issues getting your discount.
Lowe's Veterans Discounts FAQ
The easiest way to get a military or vetarans discount at Lowe's is to active the discount online
According to the Terms and Conditions on Lowes.com, any member of the US armed forces include active and reserve members of the US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, Air National Guard and the Army National Guard are eligible for the 10% every day discount.
Enroll at the Lowe's military page here. You will verify your ID through the SheerID automatic veteran identification system to activate your 10% off military and veteran discount.
Yes, in 2017 Lowe's requires you to verify your military service through the online application here. This is so they don't have to check your military ID every time you go to the store.
Yes, military servicemembers active duty, retired, and veteran are all eligible for a 10% off military discount on lowes.com and online every day.
No, the Lowe's credit card give you 5% every day on all purchases and CANNOT be combined with the military discount.
Probably to make it easier to verify military ID without using an associate at the store every time.
How Does Lowe's Verify my Military Service?
Lowe's uses the ID.me third party system to verify your military service. It's a trusted third-party service that instantly verifies your military service in 84% of cases. If you're not instantly verified, you may be required to upload a LES, DD-214, or other military ID. All copies are immediately deleted after verification. You can also verify your ID in store if the online system does not work.
This is a great example of a company going above and beyond to help out US military servicemembers. Other companies that offer great military discounts include Microsoft Office for military, American Express Platinum (zero fees on all of their credit cards and charge cards), and Chase military credit cards.
Amex Platinum Card With NO Annual Fees for Military
Military servicemembers and spouses can get The Platinum Card® from American Express with NO annual fees. This ultra premium luxury travel card normally has a $695 annual fee.
Learn how to apply for the Amex Platinum military fee waiver.
The Amex Platinum offers:
- $695 Annual Fee WAIVED for US Military (and spouses)!
- Earn 100,000 Membership Reward Points with $6000 spend in 6 month
- Earn up to $200 annual Hotel Credit: Get $200 statement credit on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts or the Hotel Collection, which requires a two-night minimum stay, booked on Amex Travel and paid for with your Platinum Card
- Earn up to $200 credit for Uber rides (or Uber Eats!) annually
- Earn up to $200 airline fee credit
- Centurion Lounge and Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access
- Earn up to $100 annual Saks Fifth Avenue credit, can be used for gift cards, enrollment required
- No foreign transaction fees, terms apply
- Earn 5x points on airfare booked directly with airline or on amextravel.com up to $500,000 per calendar year
- Transfer to 22 travel partners
These benefits, especially up to $600 of credits for hotels, airlines, and Uber, plus the massive 100,000 point welcome bonus, make the Amex Platinum card my TOP recommended card.
This is the largest welcome bonus on this card I've seen in years.
You have a leisurely 6 months to meet the $6000 minimum spend to earn the 100,000 points. That's only $1000 per month.
If you already have an Amex Platinum card, check out the American Express® Gold Card, fee waived Chase military credit cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred, and this month's top recommended credit card bonuses, all with no annual fees for US military personnel and their spouses.
Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.