I wrote a short book summarizing this site. Check out the reviews on Amazon. I track all of my investments with Personal Capital. It's free and creates a one stop shop for checking your portfolio.
Microsoft offers an amazing military discount on their Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. Normally, the package costs $399! However, through the Microsoft Home Use Program, active military servicemembers can get the entire Microsoft Office 2016 suite for just $9.95. That’s a 97% discount!
The suite comes with the entire Office collection, not just the basics. You get the full versions of Outlook, Publisher, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote as well as OneDrive storage. Office Professional Plus 2016 is compatible with Windows 10, 8/8.1 and 7.
Microsoft also offers a 10% discount to military servicemembers and their families every day. Click here if you want this 10% off Microsoft military discount.
How To Get The Microsoft Office Military Discount
Here is the simple 6 step process to get Microsoft Office 2016 for less than $10:
- Click here to purchase Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 with the military discount. It will take you to a page that looks like this:
2. Enter your military email address. NOT your personal email! For example, @mail.mil, @us.af.mil, @usmc.mil, @navy.mil, @us.army.mil, or your deployed email address.
3. Try just using your email address without a program code. If that doesn’t work, then enter the Microsoft Office military discount program code below, based on your branch of service:
(Updated June 2018 with new codes)
Army (Updated 6 June 2018): ABAD560AD0 (per comments below, not officially verified yet)
Air Force (Update 6 June 2018, program good until 31 Oct 2019): Try 4A82EF7B8F or click the link that says “I do not know my program code.” You will receive an email with additional details to complete the registration. Make sure you use your “@us.af.mil” address.
Navy or Marines (Updated 1 July 2018): Waiting on the Department of the Navy to provide an updated code. Official response as of 6 June 18 from the Department of the Navy below.
DON Microsoft HUP is currently unavailable. With new DON Microsoft Enterprise Software Licensing Agreement just taking effect on 1 June, there will be a short administrative delay while we process orders and get the program back up and running. Please check back on our Homeport site below within next few weeks for updates and new codes. Current codes are invalid.
4. Check your military email address for an email from Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP). Forward this email to your personal email address so you can do the rest from home.
5. Click the link inside the email that you forwarded to your personal email from your military email. This will bring you to the checkout page. Select the version of Microsoft Office you would like to purchase for $9.95 and checkout.
6. Download and install! The whole process shouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes from start to finish, plus however long it takes to download and install.
Click here or the picture to start your process now.
Please let me know in the comments if the Microsoft Office military discount worked for you, what your branch is, and what code worked or if you didn’t use a code. If you found this useful, please share it with your military friends and family on Facebook and save them $390 on Microsoft Office!
The Best Website I Found to Achieve Financial Independence Faster
I have investment accounts all over the place. To keep track of all of them in one place I use Personal Capital. It combines all of my accounts, shows me where I may be overpaying in fees, and provides beautiful charts showing my overall asset allocation and performance.
I use Personal Capital to track my Roth and Traditional TSP, Vanguard IRAs, banking accounts, SDP, and my Betterment taxable account, all in one place. It's free, secure and presents me with a one-stop dashboard so I can see all my money on one site.
Read my full review of Personal Capital and see how easy it can be to manage your investments in one place. Trust me, once you try it, you'll love it.
P.S. - If you have over $100,000 of assets and a 401k, you really need to run the Personal Capital 401k Fee Analyzer.