These are my top recommended credit cards for this month. Some have $450-550 annual fees waived exclusively for US military personnel.

The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.

Oakley Military DiscountOakley, the famous sunglasses manufacturer, has a dedicated division that is committed to serving the specific needs of US military servicemembers, government, law enforcement, rescue, and EMS personnel. The Oakley Military Discount offers an outstanding value for eligible servicemembers.

I personally have bought three sunglasses through the Oakley SI program. It offers fast shipping, good discounts, and the solid Oakley construction and style you would expect.

Through the Oakley Standard Issue site, the company offers veterans, retirees, active duty, guard, and reserve US Armed Forces members an exclusive, members only program for free. This program offers the same Oakley eyewear that is available on the civilian market at a deep discount to its military members.

For instance, Oakley Fuel Cell Black Polarized go for $144.35 on Amazon. On Standard Issue, you can pick them up for $113, a 21% savings.

Oakley Military Discount Fuel Cell Sunglasses

The polarized Oakley Gascan style glasses go for $163 on Amazon. As a US military SM on the Standard Issue site, you can get them for only $100 with free shipping.

Oakley Standard Issue Polarized Gascan

How to Get the Oakley Military Discount

The easiest way to sign up for Oakley Standard Issue is to just click over to the website and create an account. My account expired a few months ago so I had to recreate one today. It took a grand total of 2 minutes. It's a very easy process.

Click register in the top navigation bar. Verify that you qualify for the discount as either a US military person or a first responder. Here are the eligible categories for military status:

  • US Military and Federal Personnel, US Military Veterans and Retirees
  • Active Duty US Military
  • National Guard
  • Military Reservists
  • US Coast Guard

Here are the first responder categories eligible for membership:

  • US state and local law enforcement, fire and emergency response
  • Fire Department Personnel Official
  • Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
  • Federal Law Enforcement Officers
  • Federal Fire and Emergency Response

One thing to note during the application process is you cannot use a .mil or .gov email address.

Oakley uses, which verifies your military affiliation by matching your name, branch of service, and email address. 84% of military customers are verified instantly. For the remaining 16%, a document review may be required but is completed on average within 5 minutes. It's an interesting technology that works really well.

Once you are verified, you can begin shopping. Standard Issue offers prescription and regular eyewear, ballistic protection glasses for the firing range, accessories, and apparel.

Right now Standard Issue is offering free shipping on orders over $75.

Have you used Oakley Standard Issue? Share your best deals in the comments below!

Oakley Military Discount: Oakley Standard Issue

AMEX Platinum With NO Annual Fees for US Military

Military SCRA MLA AMEX Platinum

Military servicemembers and spouses can get the American Express Platinum with NO annual fees.  Pick up your military annual fee waived card here!

Learn more about the AMEX military fee waiver.

The AMEX Platinum offers:

  • $550 Annual Fee WAIVED for US Military (and spouses)!
  • 60,000 Membership Rewards Points welcome offer
  • $200 credit for Uber rides (or Uber Eats!) annually
  • $200 airline fee credit
  • Centurion Lounge and Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access
  • NO foreign transaction fees

These benefits make it my top recommend card.

If you already have an AMEX Platinum card, check out the other AMEX cards, Chase credit cards, and this month's top recommended credit card bonuses, most with no annual fees for US military personnel.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
“Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.”

What are your thoughts?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.