Get a $695 credit card annual fee waived in my Ultimate Military Credit Cards Course
The Platinum Card® from American Express card is annual fee waived for military.
Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Thank you for supporting my independent, veteran owned site.
The United Club℠ Infinite Card military benefits includes an annual fee waiver for active duty and military spouses.
This card is the most premium United card offered by Chase. Military servicemembers and spouses can earn annual fee waivers on all Chase personal cards.
United Club℠ Infinite Card
Learn how to apply at our partner's secure site
- Earn 80,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 4 miles per $1 spent on United® purchases including tickets, Economy Plus, inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi, and other United charges.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on all other travel
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining including eligible delivery services
- Earn 500 Premier qualifying points for every $12K you spend on purchases, up to 8,000 PQP in a calendar year.
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® fee credit
- Free first and second checked bags – a savings of up to $320 per roundtrip. Terms Apply.
- 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United-operated flights when you pay with your Club Infinite Card.
- Get one-year complimentary DashPass, a membership for both DoorDash and Caviar that provides unlimited deliveries with $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders. After that, you are automatically enrolled in DashPass at the current monthly rate. Activate by 12/31/24.
Earn Up to 4x Miles with United Club℠ Infinite
The United Club Infinite Card offers anywhere from 1-4x MileagePlus miles per dollar spent, as follows:
- 4x MileagePlus miles for United purchases
- 2x MileagePlus miles on all other travel purchases
- 2x MileagePlus miles for dining at restaurants and eligible food delivery services, including Caviar, DoorDash, GrubHub, and Seamless
- 1x MileagePlus miles for all other eligible purchases
United Club Infinite Annual Fee
The annual fee on the card is $525. However, this fee is 100% waived for US military personnel and their spouses under the Chase interpretation of the Military Lending Act.
You can check your status in the Military Lending Act Database if you are curious if you will qualify for the fee waiver.
United Club Infinite Benefits
United Club Membership
The primary benefit of the United Club Infinite Card is the United Club membership. This gives you access to United Clubs and participating Star Alliance lounges. The purchase price of United Club membership is $550-650 per year.
United states on their website that:
We are pleased to invite active duty military members in uniform or with present leave orders or rest and recuperation papers to visit our United Club℠ locations on the same day they are traveling on a United- or United Express®-operated flight. Please present your military ID, your boarding pass and sponsoring documentation for entry. Access is available to active duty military members and family members with gate passes or traveling on the same flight as the military member and is subject to each location’s capacity and seating availability. For more information about our United Club locations, please see the Club and Lounge Access page.United Military Policies
However, in practice I have found United lounge access to be hit or miss for military travelers, especially when not in uniform. With a United Club Infinite card, you can avoid any awkward conversations about your access to the lounge.
Global Entry Or TSA PreCheck Credit
The card offers Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit every four years. Charge the enrollment fee to your card and is automatically reimbursed. You can do this for a friend or spouse.
Global Entry is the right choice for military serviemembers, as they get free TSA PreCheck with a DOD ID. Military spouses can also benefit from opening up a card with Global Entry credit.
25% Back on United Inflight Purchases
With the United Club Infinite Card you can earn 25% back as a statement credit on any purchases of food, beverages, and Wi-FI onboard a United flight. Pay with your card and you should see the account credit in 24 hours.
This can be a good way to save on mid-flight entertainment or snacks.
United Quest℠ Card vs United Infinite Card
Another popular United credit card is the United Quest℠ Card. The Quest Card does not offer airport lounge access.
Both the United Quest Card and United Club Infinite Card can be a great way to earn extra United miles and get to your next destination faster and cheaper.
As a military servicemember or military spouse, you could open both cards and not pay an annual fee. If you want to choose between the two cards, I recommend the United Club Infinite Card.
A good credit card of 670 or higher is required for the United Club Infinite card.
Yes, the United Club Infinite card does count towards the Chase 5 cards in 24 months or 5/24 rule.
If you fly United often and you don't need to pay the annual fee if you're in the military, then yes, the card is worth it! The United Club lounge access benefits are great, plus you can earn a large welcome bonus.
The United Club Infinite annual fee is $525.
Yes, the United Club Infinite card waives the annual fee for military as part of the Chase Military Lending Act or MLA program.