Get a $695 credit card annual fee waived in my Ultimate Military Credit Cards Course
The Platinum Card® from American Express card is annual fee waived for military.
Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Thank you for supporting my independent, veteran owned site.
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express has no annual fee and offers 2x Membership Rewards points on up to $50,000 on purchases (1x points after that).
The Amex Blue Business Plus Card is a great way to ensure you always earn at least 2x Amex points on purchases. Plus, the card has no annual fee, making it a great card to always hold so you never lose your Amex points.
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
Learn how to apply on our partner's secure site
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- You've got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us, and other factors.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply, see rates and fees.
Amex Blue Business Plus Benefits
Currently the Amex Blue Business Plus card is offering 15,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months of opening the card.
Usually this card doesn't have a welcome bonus because of how valuable the 2x points earning potential is. This is a good bonus for a no annual fee card.
Make sure you compare the best credit card welcome bonus offers for military servicemembers and spouses before you apply.
Earn 2x Amex Points
The Blue Business Plus earns 2x Membership Reward points on all eligible purchases up to $50,000 per calendar year. That can be worth 100,000 extra Amex points in your stash!
Amex Membership Reward points are one of the most valuable credit card points. You can transfer Amex points to airline and hotel partners. Transferring is how to maximize the value of these points.
This is a great fall back card if your spending falls outside of spending bonus categories. For instance, you could earn heaps of Amex points with this strategy:
- 5x points on airfare booked directly or on amextravel.com with The Platinum Card® from American Express
- 4x points on restaurants and US supermarkets with your American Express® Gold Card
- 3x points on all travel expenses with your American Express® Green Card
- 2x points on all other purchases with your Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
No Annual Fee
Probably one of the best features of the Amex Blue Business Plus Credit Card is a $0 annual fee. This makes this a great card to have in your collection. I'm going to add it to the 29 credit cards I have. If you close other Amex card accounts that charge annual fees, you can bank your Amex points automatically on this no annual fee card.
You could earn hundreds of thousands of Amex points with cards like the The Platinum Card® from American Express or American Express® Gold Card.
If you ever needed to close those accounts, like after you leave the military, you could keep your Amex points account active by keeping the Amex Blue Business Plus card open.
Do you need a business to be approved?
Amex business cards are usually easy to get approved for. If you make any side income from selling things online, driving or Uber, or any other activity outside of your W-2 income, you are probably a sole proprietor and qualify for most business credit cards.
You don't need an LLC to quality for business credit cards. A business doesn't need to be profitable or even have it's first customer yet to open a credit card.
Learn more about applying for the Amex Blue Business Plus Card today.
Amex Blue Business Plus FAQ
Learn more about applying for the Amex Blue Business Plus card on my site.
The annual fee for the Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express is $0 per year.
Usually you can open business credit cards with a sole proprietorship. All you need to provide is your Social Security Number instead of an Employer Identification Number EIN.
A good or better credit score, usually 670 or higher. If your credit score is over 740 it is considering very good and it will increase your chances of being approved for the Amex Blue Business Plus Credit Card.