I will show you how to get your 1st $550 annual fee waived in my Ultimate Military Credit Cards course
The Amex Gold card is annual fee waived for military. It's even better than the Amex Platinum for everyday spending on dining and groceries.
Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Thank you for supporting my independent, veteran owned site.
Here is a PDF and PowerPoint briefing for basic financial concepts and topics for military servicemembers.
This brief useful for introducing concepts to new soldiers, sailors, airmen, guardians, and marines and encouraging conversations about financial topics.
The briefing covers:
- my personal finance flow chart for military servicemembers
- why starting early matters
- TSP, BRS
- budgeting (or not budgeting and just auto saving and spending the rest)
- checking and savings accounts, emergency fund
- debt snowball vs debt avalanche
- Roth vs Traditional, IRA vs TSP
- Asset allocation (lifecyle funds for the win)
- auto insurance, home, life, renters insurance
- deployment finances
- credit cards
- financial independence
One of the most important thing leaders in the military can do is introduce good financial habits and concepts to their people. A good NCO or officer can literally be the difference between an airman that retires with a million dollars or retires with a few thousand.