Military Money Manual has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Military Money Manual and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Thank you for supporting my independent, veteran owned site.
Navy Federal credit cards are excellent ways to build your credit history, earn rewards, or reduce your interest rate on credit card debt.
Here are the best NFCU credit card reviews on my site:
- Navy Federal Platinum card review (not to be confused with the The Platinum Card® from American Express)
- Navy Federal Visa cashRewards Card
- Navy Federal GO REWARDS® Card
- Navy Federal Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Card
- Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card review
Navy Federal Credit Union credit cards include:
- Learn how to apply for the Navy Federal Flagship Rewards Visa Signature® Credit Card
- You can earn 35k bonus points (a $350 value!) when you spend $4,000 within 90 days of opening a Flagship Rewards account, plus get a free year of Amazon Prime® (a $139 value!).
- Pay no balance transfer or foreign transaction fees*
- Earn 3x points on all travel purchases
- 2x points on all other purchases
- Get up to a $100 statement credit when apply for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry
- See rates and fees, terms and conditions
- Learn how to apply for the Navy Federal cashRewards Card
- You can save with a low 1.99% intro APR for 6 months from account opening on purchases. After that, a variable APR between 11.90% and 18% applies.* Plus, you can earn $100 cash back when you spend $2,000 within 90 days of opening a cashRewards account.
- 1.75% cash back on purchases if you have direct deposit at Navy Federal, otherwise 1.5% cash back on purchases
- Easy cash back redemption on our mobile app. Message and data rates may apply. Terms and conditions are available, see rates and fees.
- $500 to $1000 per year of cell phone coverage with a $50 deductible
- Pay no annual, balance transfer, or foreign transaction fees.*
- Terms Apply, read the full review of the Navy Federal cashRewards card
- Learn how to apply for the Navy Federal Go Rewards Card
- New GO cardholders can earn 15k bonus points (a $150 value!) when they spend $1,000 within 90 days of opening a GO REWARDS account.
- Earn 3x points at restaurants
- Earn 2x points on gas
- Earn 1x points on everything else
- Points are worth 1 cent ($0.01) on airfare and cash back
- Pay no annual fee, no balance transfer fee, no foreign transaction fees*
- Terms apply, see rates and fees
- You may pre-qualify for the card with a Navy Federal membership
- Read the full Navy Federal Go Rewards card review
- Learn how to apply for the Navy Federal Platinum credit card
- New Platinum cardholders can pay a low intro APR of 0.99% for 12 months from account opening on balances transferred within 60 days. After that, a variable APR between 8.24% and 18% applies*
- Pay no annual, balance transfer, or foreign transaction fees*
- Terms apply, see rates and fees
- See the full Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Card review
Who Should Apply for NCFU Credit Cards
If you're just starting out on your military travel hacking adventure, you need to build your credit with a no annual fee card. Check out my strategy for best military credit cards in this article.
The first step is opening a no annual fee cash back card so you can start building your credit and become eligible for the more exotic travel rewards cards.
You can learn all about military credit cards and how to maximize your benefits in my 100% free online course. Learn how to sign up for the military travel hacking course here.
Building your credit score with a no annual fee credit card is the first step to reaping the lucrative military credit cards benefits available. If you are new to credit cards or new to the military, a no annual fee card from Navy Federal is a great place to start.
As an NFCU member, you can Pre-Qualify for this card. This allows you to check you eligibility for the credit card without submitting a credit report check. A Pre-Qualify check does not affect your credit score.
NFCU Membership Eligibility
Navy Federal Credit Union, or NFCU, has been serving members of the military and their families for nearly 90 years. NFCU offers financial and banking products at competitive rates and fees. Free checking accounts and early direct deposit of military paychecks are some of the benefits available.
To become a member, you or one of your family or household members must have ties to the armed forces, DoD or National Guard. Servicemembers and immediate family are all eligibility for Navy Federal membership.
Servicemembers in all branches of the armed forces are eligible for membership. This category includes: Active Duty members of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard and Space Force, Delayed Entry Program (DEP), DoD Officer Candidate/ROTC, DoD Reservists, veterans, retirees and annuitants.
Eligible immediate family members include: Parents, Grandparents, Spouses, Siblings, Children (including adopted and stepchildren), Grandchildren, and Household members.
NFCU Credit Card Features
All NFCU credit cards include:
- 24/7 Access to US based member reps
- No balance transfer or foreign transaction fees
- Ability to freeze and unfreeze your cards online
- Zero Liability policy for unauthorized transaction
- Fraud notifications
- Access toy our FICO Score
Other Navy Federal credit cards include the Navy Federal cashRewards credit card, Navy Federal Platinum credit card, Navy Federal GO REWARDS® Credit Card, and the NFCU Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Credit Card.